“After about 20 years of marriage, I’m finally starting to scratch the surface of what women want. And I think the answer lies somewhere between conversation and chocolate.” – Mel Gibson
Did you know?
– The largest chocolate bar ever made weighed 5,792.5 KG or 912 Stone.
– The Aztec rulers and people of high class drank ten cups of cold chocolate a day and it is rumoured that Montezuma himself would drink up to 50 cups daily!
– Research in 2012 found that 43% of male nobel prize winners reported eating chocolate at least twice a week compared to just 25% of similarly educated and aged males.
– Each individual cocoa tree produces approximately 100 pods a year which can make 400-800 chocolate bars.
– The cocoa bean is actually a fruit!
– In World War 1, soldiers were issued chocolate in their ration packs.
With such an amazing history and with so much love and affection for chocolate in the UK, it is little wonder that it has been given its’ own week. Chocolate week 2013 runs from October 14th to 20th. To celebrate all that is wonderful about Chocolate, we are offering a 15% discount on any orders placed by midnight on October 20th. Simply place your order online and enter chocweek13 as the coupon code at the checkout.
Treat yourself to a box of mixed chocolates or indulge in our Award Winning Salted Caramels. Treat a loved one to a gift or order some branded chocolates for your work or wedding event. If you have any questions at all, we are always happy to talk chocolate, just give us a call on 01243 512024 or 07717 281473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org